Château La Tour Carnet
Chateau La Tour Carnet, owned by Bernard Magrez is one of the oldest Bordeaux wine producers in the appellation. In fact, some parts of the building, specifically the round tower, date all the way back to the 11th Century. The fortress was inhabited by the English as early as the 12th Century. It was an important fort that was used by the military.
Originally, it went under the name of Chateau de Saint-Laurent. The land eventually fell to French rule. After centuries of war, the ruined property passed through the hands of a succession of owners, before coming to Thibault de Carmaing in the 16th Century and eventually to Charles de Leutken. The Bordeaux wine estate remained with his descendents. During the 1855 classification, the estate was under the direction of Angélique Raymond.
The current owner is Bernard Magrez, who is the proprietor of a number of other Bordeaux estates, most notably Pape Clément in Pessac-Léognan. He also owns Fombrauge in St. Emilon. Chateau La Tour Carnet is one of the top producers in Haut Medoc and lesser appellations area today.