This stands out as being one of the best vintages of Dow in the past three decades. Tasted blind in January 2011, everybody thought it much younger and probably Taylor or Graham. Fabulous colour still, rich plummy fruit, dried figs, sweet and chocolatey. A classic. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Now owned by the Symington Family, Dow had an unusual beginning as in 1798 Portuguese merchant Bruno da Silva left Portugal and travelled to England, importing his wine over to sell. In 1862, Bruno's son John da Silva created a partnership with Frederick William Cosens and formed Silva & Cosens. The firm expanded and were eventually joined by another partner, George Acheson Warre. The company continued to thrive, and in 1877 merged with yet another port company, Dow & Co, headed by James Ramsey Dow. Silva & Cosens took on the highly respected Dow name, and simply traded under Dow & Co.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS