DOM PÉRIGNON ROSÉ
2003 Brut Champagne Moët & Chandon Jeff Koons Design
|Grapes||Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier|
Moët’s 2003 Brut Rosé Dom Pérignon exhibits both richness and robustness reflecting its torrid vintage, yet manages to stint neither on primary juiciness nor transparency to nuance; nor does it come off as at all heavy. Lightly cooked ripe strawberry and fig infused with rose hip, licorice, Ceylon tea, heliotrope and leather inform a delightfully forward nose and lush, effusively fruity palate. A tart and seedy edge to the strawberry serves for invigoration; and lobster shell reduction serves for mouthwatering salinity and somehow downright sweet animal savor. There is a hint of tannin, but it is fine-grained and suggestive of structural support. A long, seductively rich finish manages to harbor not just the immediately aforementioned virtues, but also a sense of transparency to floral and tea-like nuances and to virtually shimmering stoniness. This alluring and distinctive beauty should be worth following for at least the next half dozen years. Rating: 94 David Schildknecht, The Wine Advocate (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Champagne Moët & Chandon
Claude Moët founded the famous Champagne House in 1743. Their reputation was secured by his grandson Jean-Rémy Moët who was friendly with and, thus, received the endorsement of Napoleon. Jean-Rémy handed the business on to his son Victor Moët and son-in-law Pierre-Gabriel Chandon de Briailles and Moët et Cie became Moët & Chandon. The first vintage of Dom Perignon was the 1921, released in 1936, and it was the first De-Luxe cuvée on the market. Quite dramatic post-War expansion turned Moët & Chandon into the drinks and luxury goods company LVMH.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS