2009 Salomon Finniss River Estate
|Origin||Australia, South Australia|
Shiraz. 100% new oak. Deeply coloured, intense dark fruit entwined with oak sweetness. Peppery too. Fabulous texture – refined dry tannins are now rounded but they take away any excess sweetness from the fruit. Succulent, fresh and moreish Drinking range: 2014 - 2029 Rating: 17.5 Julia Harding MW, www.JancisRobinson.com (Oct 2015)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Tasted blind. Lustrous dark crimson. Rich and sweet with a top note of eucalyptus. Sweet, almost OTT. Definitely Australian! Velvety textured. No real follow-through at the moment – rather chunky and unresolved, with a hint of cough medicine, and sweetness. Very teenage… Drinking range: 2020 - 2040 Rating: 17.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com (Oct 2015)
Salomon Finniss River Estate
Bert Salomon's Australian vineyard holdings are in the Finniss River region, on the Fleurieu Peninsula, just south of Adelaide. Founded by his ancestors in 1866, the current generation followed his lead over a hundred years later to make wines with the same meticulous care that they follow in the Wachau, Austria. For local knowledge and expertise, Bert has been helped from the outset by his longtime friend Mike Farmilo, who was Penfold’s chief red winemaker until 1997. It has clearly been a winning combination.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS