2009 1er Cru Bressandes Domaine Henri Germain
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
Still quite backward in the Germain's cold cellar, open fruity nose behind the gas, a slightly hairy depth of structure and a sense of purpose - more tannic as one would expect, nice balance for drinking 2014+ L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Heady and sweet with lots of sweet fruit. Another attractive Beaune... Fine skein of tannins on the end stops it being syrupy. 2015-2019 Rating: 16.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com
Although there is some sweet fruit on the nose it lacks power. The palate is light very fresh but lacking mid substance. Raspberry and bramble show towards the back. 2012-16 Rating: 88 Derek Smedley MW, www.dereksmedleymw.co.uk
Domaine Henri Germain
Jean-François Germain runs this small domaine. The Chassagne vineyards came through his mother, a Pillot, and Jean-François is married to François Jobard's daughter, so they are quite intertwined with some of our other producers. In terms of winemaking the Germains are always happy to let nature take its course, and in the vineyards they follow as natural a system of viticulture as possible. These are concentrated, tightly wound wines from one of Burgundy's coldest cellars. Slow to develop, they show wonderful crystalline purity.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS