SAVIGNY LES BEAUNE
2011 Blanc 1er Cru Vergelesses Domaine Henri Boillot
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
|Village||Savigny les Beaune|
Bright; edgy top note on a concert grand. A taut, crunchy style. Vivacity and energy to the fore. Salty mineral, tight and long. Compact and tense. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Tension and drive are at the center of the 2011 Savigny-Les-Beaune Les Vergelesses. Citrus, white flowers and crushed rocks are some of the many notes that are layered into the vibrant finish. Rating: 89 Antonio Galloni, www.vinous.com
Domaine Henri Boillot
A top producer for red and white alike. Henri and his son Guillaume have now moved all the vinification and élevage out of Volnay entirely in order to have all the wine in one place (down on the plain in Meursault). Not so 'folklorique', but a better tool to reach even higher quality levels. After six years working alongside Henri, Guillaume has been entirely responsible for the vinification of the reds since 2013 - Henri's contribution is henceforth entirely on the whites, but one senses this is really Guillaume's show now. Guillaume's major input on the reds was to end the practice of autmatically de-stemming everything - there is now some use of whole bunches and the wines have gained in definition and energy as a result, without losing the luxurious velvety richness and fruit depth that they have always had.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS