2011 Vieilles Vignes Domaine Bernard Dugat-Py
|Sub-district||Côte de Nuits|
Very open, very expressive fruit. 'Gourmand and harmonious', says Bernard. Ripe tannins go along with the jumping fruit, and just make it more juicy and succulent. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
29 hl/ha. 80-year-old vines. 100% whole bunch. 100% new oak, Tronçais and Allier, François Frères. Very deep colour. Quite solid and dry and brusque. Chewy. More robust than most – quite distinctive! Dry finish. Far from flattering. 2018-2025 Rating: 16.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com
(from 70+ year old vines situated in two lieux-dits, Les Quartiers de Nuits and Les Violettes; 100% whole cluster). An intensely spicy and floral nose of both red and black pinot fruit leads to impressively rich and notably ripe flavors that possess excellent complexity on the tension-filled, detailed and strikingly long finish. It’s relatively rare to find villages level wines of this quality, even in a storied commune like Vosne. Recommended. 2018+ Rating: 89-91 Allen Meadows, www.Burghound.com
Domaine Bernard Dugat-Py
Domaine Dugat-Py, along with only DRC, Roumier, Rousseau and Leroy, is rated in the top Three Star category by the 'Classement' published by the Revue du Vin de France. These are the essence of robust Burgundy, wines of huge scale and concentration. Patience is required, so lay down a few grand bottles for your dotage.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS