FLEURIEU PENINSULA SYRAH-VIOGNIER
2012 Salomon Finniss River Estate
|Origin||Australia, South Australia|
An Aussie take on the wines of Cote Rotie, floral aspects pushed forward on the nose and backed by an elegant silky rich black fruit, liquorice, blackberry, touch of mint chocolate and then some wholesome spice. L&S (Nov 2016)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Salomon Finniss River Estate
Bert Salomon's Australian vineyard holdings are in the Finniss River region, on the Fleurieu Peninsula, just south of Adelaide. Founded by his ancestors in 1866, the current generation followed his lead over a hundred years later to make wines with the same meticulous care that they follow in the Wachau, Austria. For local knowledge and expertise, Bert has been helped from the outset by his longtime friend Mike Farmilo, who was Penfold’s chief red winemaker until 1997. It has clearly been a winning combination.
You know, you can be too traditional. Ring the changes, ditch the claret, bin the Burgundy, say "non" to Europe. Since Columbus sailed the ocean blue back in 1492 there's been a New World, and that New World is keen to sell us wine. Fragrant New Zealand Sauvignon, gutsy Californian Zinfandel, elegant Argie Pinot Noir, surprisingly elegant Australian and some new and exciting Monterey Chardonnay await. Tuck in.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS