2012 1er Cru Genevrières Domaine Henri Boillot
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
Less showy on the nose than the Poruzots, this has sort of linen toughness and tension and a lovely purity and balance. Tight weave and shapely. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Healthy bright yellow. Stone fruits, spices, white flowers and a leesy, Champagne-like suggestion of baked bread. Very ripe, layered and rich, but with enticing spicy lift keeping the wine from coming off as heavy. An impression of alcohol gives the finish a touch of sweetness. Probably for drinking before the 2013 version. Rating: 94 Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar (Sep 2014)
The 2012 Meursault Les Genevrières is wonderfully vivid and alive in the glass. Clean, vibrant layers of graphite-infused minerality support the vivid flavors in this beautifully chiseled, vibrant Genevrières. The 2012 captures both the richness of the vintage and the personality of this site. Naturally, there is a bit more volume in the glass than normal, but that just makes the wine approachable younger. 2015+ Rating: 93-95 Antonio Galloni, www.vinous.com
Domaine Henri Boillot
A top producer for red and white alike. Henri and his son Guillaume have now moved all the vinification and élevage out of Volnay entirely in order to have all the wine in one place (down on the plain in Meursault). Not so 'folklorique', but a better tool to reach even higher quality levels. After six years working alongside Henri, Guillaume has been entirely responsible for the vinification of the reds since 2013 - Henri's contribution is henceforth entirely on the whites, but one senses this is really Guillaume's show now. Guillaume's major input on the reds was to end the practice of autmatically de-stemming everything - there is now some use of whole bunches and the wines have gained in definition and energy as a result, without losing the luxurious velvety richness and fruit depth that they have always had.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS