SAVIGNY LES BEAUNE
2012 Dessus les Vermots Domaine de la Douaix
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
|Village||Savigny les Beaune|
|Vineyard||Dessus les Vermots|
The frist nose is not as expressive as some of their lesser wines, but on the palate the fruit is distinctive cherry/blueberry; very round and full - a delice! Drinking range: 2015 - 2022 L&S (Nov 2014)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Leathery, medicinal flavours and gorgeously ripe fruit on the palate – really expressive. Great tannic grip. This is really impressive stuff, and delivers way more than most 2012s at this price. Vibrant, modern, chewy and complete. 2015-2025 Rating: 17.5 Richard Hemming - www.JancisRobinson.com
Rating: 90 Tim Atkin MW, www.timatkin.com
Domaine de la Douaix
Mark and Gilles Moustie are Belgians, wine and Burgundy fans. The family rented a gite for many years in the Hautes Côtes village of Arcenant, straight up the hill to the west of Nuits Saint Georges, and gently graduated from buying wines at domaines up and down the Côte to wanting to make the wine themselves. Eventually they bought some vines and a house with cellars, and set to. These three wines are all from vines they own, but they do make a little wine from bought-in fruit to supplement what is still a tiny domaine. Mark is Belgium-based, a management consultant, so it is his son Gilles who is hands-on on a daily basis.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS