SÜD MERLOT & CO.
2012 Merlot Salomon Finiss River Estate
|Origin||Australia, South Australia|
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Salomon Finniss River Estate
Bert Salomon's Australian vineyard holdings are in the Finniss River region, on the Fleurieu Peninsula, just south of Adelaide. Founded by his ancestors in 1866, the current generation followed his lead over a hundred years later to make wines with the same meticulous care that they follow in the Wachau, Austria. For local knowledge and expertise, Bert has been helped from the outset by his longtime friend Mike Farmilo, who was Penfold’s chief red winemaker until 1997. It has clearly been a winning combination.
Bert Salomon developed a taste for Austrlian wine whilst working for a wine importer in Vienna and, in 1995, he purchased the Finnis River Estate. He now oversees two harvests a year - one at the family firm in the Wachau and Kremstal areas in his homeland Austria, and another on the other side of the world in Australia. The Finniss River extends along the southeast shoulder of the Adelaide Hills, part of the Fleurieu Peninsula, and offers a slightly cooler vine growing region. Bert has planted mostly Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon with a little Merlot. His is more than ably assisted by Mike Farmilo, longtime friend and a former Penfolds red winemaker.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS