Francois will bottle this in July. 30% is raised in steel cuve with the remaining 70% in older barrels on their 2nd or 3rd year. There is a delicate feel to the perky, rich fruit which is full and nicely fleshy - impressive, joyful stuff. Sappy and fragrant, hedgerow berries, cherry, damson with a touch of spice (black pepper). Lovely bright fruit on the palate, ripe but fresh, nice concentration, very drinkable now, delicious. L&S (Nov 2014)
Currently out of stock in our warehouse.
Alternatively we may well have some bottles in one of our shops - why not give one of them a call?
|Chelsea||020 7244 0522|
|Kensington||020 7221 1982|
|Barnes||020 8878 8643|
|Chiswick||020 8995 7355|
Or, check the related products below for different vintages or wines of a similar style. You can also send an email to: email@example.com.
A ripe, fresh and cool nose offers up notes of dark cherry, raspberry and plum, all of which is trimmed in an earthy nuance. There is good concentration to the nicely rich flavors that possess excellent depth and length in the context of what is typical for the genre, all wrapped in a finish that displays on a hint of rusticity. This is a really lovely effort for what it is and worth a look. 2017+ Rating: 87 Allen Meadows, www.Burghound.com(Oct 2015)
Rating: 89 Tim Atkin MW, www.timatkin.com(Jan 2015)
Domaine François Raquillet
François took over the running of this estate from his father, Jean, in 1990, with his wife Emmanuelle. Records show that the same family have made wine in Mercurey since the 1600s, and Francois is the eleventh generation.
With eleven hectares under vine, François has substantially reduced yields, introduced higher quality oak barrels (up to 50% new wood for the Premiers Crus) and significantly increased the quality of wines made at this domaine. François explains he tries to avoid over-extraction at all costs - his one aim is to deliver the beautifully pure fruit profile he gets out of the old vines - this he does with great success. It is a wonderfully transparent style - combined with good mid-palate weight.
- For full delivery details Delivery page. see our
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100 with our own vans. For orders under £100 or guaranteed express deliveries (for an additional charge) please call 020 7244 0522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next working day from 11am.
- Private wine storage: we offer a full In Bond and Duty Paid private wine storage service - find out more here.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS