This is a 100% Merlot. Although still young with a tight tannin structure, it opens up with lovely red berry and ripe plum and black cherry flavours. The palate is smooth with fine tannins and lingering fruity concentrated aftertaste. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Owned by American entrepreneur Preston Haskell (who now lives in London) this 23 hectare property in Stellenbosch is run by Rianie Strydom, one of South Africa's most dynamic and successful winemakers.
Rianie has had a lifelong passion of making wine, and after ten years at Morgenhof, where she received plentiful awards, was given the opportunity in 2002 to run the Dombeya/Haskell estate. As a result of her experience in Burgundy, Bordeaux and Italy her wine making style is understandably more classic than new world in style. The idea of the Dombeya 'foundation range' is to produce wines of excellent value which demonstrate her ability to produce stylish and distinctive wines that are not expensive.
Both the Dombeya Syrah and the Fenix (Bordeaux blend) have already been double gold winners, and her first vintage of the Haskell Pillars Shiraz, in the premium range, has just been awarded both the best Red Wine of Show and Shiraz categories of the Tri Nations Wine Challenge in Sydney. Quite an achievement and exciting time ahead.
You can see Haskell Vineyard's profile here on our website.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS