2013 Aglianico Luigi Maffini
A super-succulent, supple example of Campania's speciality red grape, Aglianico, that opens with a burst of dark berry fruit and a touch of smokiness, while a touch of plum skin tanginess and gentle tannic astringency give it excellent roast pork or lamb-matching potential. Rating: 90 www.thewinegang.com (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Luigi Maffini's vineyards are on the coast of Campania, south of Naples, across the bay from Positano, and planted with the local grapes, Fiano for the whites and Aglianico for the reds. While the family's first vines were planted in the seventies, the real beginning of this winery dates from 1996. Luigi and his wife Raffaella are both graduates of Naples university in agricultural sciences. Luigi specialised in viticulture and winemaking. Ten years elapsed between our first tasting of his wines and getting Luigi 'on board', but he has now been with L&S since 2009. Raffaella and Luigi run the vineyards organically, and share the land with their two children and three dogs, as well as hares, foxes, hedgehogs, hawks and wild boars, with which they are happy to live in peace. There are now two vineyard sites, at Castellabate and Giungano, so some of the wines are DOC Cilento and some DOC Paestum.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS