CHIANTI DON GUIDO
2014 Fattoria La Collina
|Grapes||Canaiolo, Malvasia, Sangiovese|
Each vintage this wine seems to improve as Iacopo gets to know the plots better and better. He describes 2014 simply as 'molto molto bene!' This is delicious - like 2013 there is more weight and typical Chianti identity to this vintage - lovely soft feel of plummy, morello cherry fruit a little peppery spice and then a tickle of zesty kick to keep it vital and true. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Fattoria La Collina
Fattoria La Collina is an old 40 hectare estate in the hills of Montalbano, the most northern vineyards of Chianti. Planted with vines, fruit trees, olives, artichokes, tomatoes and beans this is a traditional farm with its own olive oil store and 'vin santo' attic.
At 250-300 metres above sea level one can still clearly see the ancient marine influence in the soil as one kicks up fossilised sea shells. Our wine-making friend Iacopo Morgante married into the family and has taken control of the 14 hectares of vines, all of which are beautifully exposed and worked organically. The wine produced here is simple but expressive, with a lower level of acidity than those of the Classico region, making it readily approachable and very easy drinking.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS