2014 Wachtberg DAC Erste Lage Salomon Undhof
|Classification||DAC Erste Lage|
With its spicy, peachy fruit, nutty, almost vegetal sweetness and firm, crisp acidity, this single-vineyard Grüner is effortlessly enjoyable now, but if you cellar it it will become deeper and more layered. Ideally, buy enough to drink gradually over the next four or so years. Rating: 90 www.thewinegang.com (Apr 2016)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Founded in 1792 SALOMON UNDHOF is a wine estate with a long tradition. The Salomon family from the Wachau produces white wines from the best terraced "Urgestein" sites along the Danube River in Stein and Krems. Today Bert and Gertrud Salomon run the winery. The famous Riesling of the estate thrives on the topsites of Kögl and Pfaffenberg. The Grüner Veltliner Von Stein comes from the steep terrassed hills behind the old town of Stein. The best "loess" soils provide the Lindberg and Wachtberg Grüner Veltliner. All the grapes are harvested traditionally by hand only. Their great vineyard locations and meticulous work in the vineyards are prerequisites for their elegant wines. Wines with finesse and perfect mineral balance reflect the very special micro climate of this lovely river valley. The Estate’s Grüner Veltliner and Riesling distinguish themselves through elegance and consistency.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS