2015 Domaine Rochette
Lovely concentration of bilberry, myrtle and plum, palate has gorgeous fruit weight, fresh rich cherry, creme de muree, structure depth and great length, brilliant! L&S (Nov 2016)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
The Domaine of Joël, Chantal and Matthieu Rochette was new to us at the end of 2009, and a very happy discovery indeed. The Beaujolais Villages and Régnié come from 50 year-old vines on stony-sandy soils on a granite bedrock,. The Rochettes work with a very traditional but also clearly very rigorous approach to the viticulture, and, as usual in Beaujolais, where the 'gobelet' training of the vines make them impossible to work by machine, they hand-pick and make a severe selection in the vineyard. Vinification is traditional, in cuve, to make wines which accentuate fruit purity. The wines have a real identity of their own - as Matthieu says 'it is the terroir that gives us the distinction to the wines - we do not interfere in the cellar - and they all come from the same grape' - Gamay. When tasting the line up in the cellars with the family this incredible distinction could not have been more clear - from the bouncy Beaujolais Villages through the Régniés and on to the Morgon distinct personalities are dramatically different - fascinating. Sadly Joël died in 2015 - but Matthieu is continuing his father's great work without missing a beat. These wines simply sing.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS