2015 Domaine des Hâtes
From 25-30 year old vines this is classically shaped Chablis. Yes 2015 was a long warm vintage and there is good weight here, lovely ripeness to the pert fruit gives a broadish feel, Pierrick describes it as 'solaire' and 'gourmande'. He's right of course, but everything is relative - this is bigger and richer than his usual releases but still retains a great mineral crispness and is brighter than many 2015s made by his neighbours. This is an exciting new signing for us from a bright, rising star. L&S (Nov 2016)
*Case Price: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
The 2015 Chablis Villages, matured for 14 months in stainless steel, has a detailed, wet-stone bouquet that unfolds nicely in the glass. The palate is well balanced, with crisp acidity, fine tension and admirable sappiness that keeps the taste buds sali-vating. I like the uncompromising nature of this Chablis village. This really is quite superb for a village cru. Drinking range: 2017 - 2025 Rating: 90-90 Neal Martin, www.robertparker.com (Aug 2017)
From the northern part of the region around Maligny, this is a young producer to watch. Quite a forward style but very Chablis with crisp acidity and purity. Very good value too. Drinking range: 2017 - 2023 Rating: 92 Andrew Howard, Decanter (Apr 2017)
Racy and cool. Very forward but obviously Chablis. VGV Drinking range: 2017 - 2022 Rating: 16+ Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com (Jan 2017)
Domaine des Hâtes
It is no surprise that Domaine des Hâtes has been recently hailed as '.. one of the new Chablis growers to watch out for..' by the Robert Parker team. Our first visit there in November was very memorable and the work going on here is hugely impressive.
Pierrick Laroche is a charming young man and a very talented winemaker. Clearly a very wise head on his young shoulders. Still in his 20s, he currently manages his large holdings in Petit Chablis, his 12 Hectares of Chablis vineyards and a complete Hectare of 1er Cru Homme Mort, which he labels as 'Fourchaume L'Homme Mort'.
For now he sells off a lot of what he grows to négociants; for a newcomer (2010 was his 1st vintage making wine under his own label) this helps him work through his good volumes - and it’s great for cash-flow. The plan is to do less and less of this as his reputation grows and he is able to sell more under his own label. With the quality of his wines - this should not take long at all! In preparation for bottling under his own name from 2010 onwards Pierrick stopped using pesticides and herbicides in 2009 and has since then manually worked the soil - this great change in practices has seen super results in the quality of fruit he is now picking.
It is all about freshness and precision here. Classical, deeply mineral wines. Picking perhaps earlier than some of his neighbours Pierrick captures beautiful acidity and brightness of fruit - he then loves giving the wine a long élevage in tank to build texture and weight and complexity. He is not averse to using oak - but it is done at a very minimal level with just the 1er Cru wine having less than 25% oak ageing. The results are super, bright, elegant wines but with a real shape and feel - classical, but interesting Chablis. An exciting addition to our Burgundy list.
- Located in Maligny, the vineyard is in the heart of the Premiers Crus Fourchaume.
- 25 ha.
- 100% Chardonnay.
- 2 Terroirs: Les Chatillons and les Pierrettes.
- Masters of grass growing by plough.
- At least 1 year of maturation for all their wines.
- Our wines are raised in stainless steel and undergo full malolactic fermentation.
- 3 stars on the Guide Hachette for their first cuvée in 2010.
- 140 000 bottles per year.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100 with our own vans. For orders under £100 or guaranteed express deliveries (for an additional charge) please call 020 7244 0522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
- Private wine storage: we offer a full In Bond and Duty Paid private wine storage service - find out more here.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS