2015 Wachtberg DAC Erste Lage Salomon Undhof
|Classification||DAC Erste Lage|
Vintage-typical honeydew melon is allied to crisp apple, wreathed in bittersweet floral perfume, and enlivened by bright fresh lime and grapefruit on a polished, expansive yet in no way heavy palate. Laced with cooling green herbs, then suffused with crushed stone and saliva-inducing salinity, this bottling delivers a lusciously lingering finish Drinking range: 2017 - 2024 Rating: 91 David Schildknecht, www.vinousmedia.com (Feb 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Founded in 1792 SALOMON UNDHOF is a wine estate with a long tradition. The Salomon family from the Wachau produces white wines from the best terraced "Urgestein" sites along the Danube River in Stein and Krems. Today Bert and Gertrud Salomon run the winery. The famous Riesling of the estate thrives on the topsites of Kögl and Pfaffenberg. The Grüner Veltliner Von Stein comes from the steep terrassed hills behind the old town of Stein. The best "loess" soils provide the Lindberg and Wachtberg Grüner Veltliner. All the grapes are harvested traditionally by hand only. Their great vineyard locations and meticulous work in the vineyards are prerequisites for their elegant wines. Wines with finesse and perfect mineral balance reflect the very special micro climate of this lovely river valley. The Estate’s Grüner Veltliner and Riesling distinguish themselves through elegance and consistency.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS