Vérité's 2015 La Joie is deep, powerful and structured, with tons of Cabernet savoriness running through a core of intense, dark fruit. Grilled herbs, leather, menthol and licorice all develop in the glass. Sumptuous and yet also structured, La Joie is another winner from Vérité. Drinking range: 2020 - 2035 Rating: 96 Antonio Galloni, www.vinous.com(Apr 2018)
75cl bottles (case of 12)
75cl bottles (case of 12)
* This is a pre-shipment/primeur offer. All orders are accepted under the TERMS of this offer which differ from the terms of the rest of the site.
Seillan said that 2015 (which was still in barrel at the time of my tasting) was the finest vintage of his lifetime, which is strong praise indeed. Certainly, he has three titanic wines aging in the wine cellars. The 2015 La Joie (75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 14% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot) has an intensity that is off the charts, and that’s saying something, given how concentrated these wines tend to be. An enormous, colossal example of wine, with an opaque purple color and an intense nose of black fruits, camphor, forest floor and graphite, the wine is super-pure, very full-bodied, with intense levels of glycerin and richness. The finish goes on for a good 60+ seconds. This should turn out to be utterly profound. Anticipated maturity: 2020-2050+. Rating: 98-100 Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, www.RobertParker.com(Oct 2016)
Vérité: Full Wine List and Profile
The Vérité estate was founded in 1998 by the late Jess Jackson, patriarch of Jackson Family Wines, who Robert Parker called “one of the most extraordinary men in the wine world I have ever met.”
Named after the French word for truth, it was Jackson’s desire to make iconic wines without compromise that truly reflect the terroir in which they are grown. As such, he turned to iconic vigneron Pierre Seillan in the 90s to help him launch the Vérité estate.
Located along the western slopes of the Mayacamas Mountain Range in Sonoma County, the diversity of the terroir varies so dramatically from block to block, that Pierre Seillan identified more than 40 micro-crus that make up Vérité’s three exceptional Bordeaux-inspired blends: La Muse, La Joie and Le Desir.
La Muse is primarily crafted from Merlot, honouring the style of Pomerol while celebrating the locally grown fruit of the Sonoma terroir. La Joie takes on the depth, power and structure of Cabernet Sauvignon and takes inspiration from the celebrated reds of Pauillac. While Le Désir is predominantly Cabernet Franc based showing layers of concentrated fruites, spice, aromatics and a rich suede texture.
Please make sure that you have read the terms of this offer which are different from those on the main website. If you are unclear as to what is involved in primeur purchases please do call us, but see the 'practical notes' below.
Prices are per case as listed 'in bond' or 'duty paid,' ex-VAT.
You can register your interest via the online wishlist form, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 020 7221 1982. All wishlist requests are subject to availability and final confirmation.
All orders will be confirmed by email and are contractually binding unless written cancellation is received within seven days of the confirmation date.
Invoices are raised either in bond (excluding duty or VAT) or duty paid
Payment is required on sight of invoice, by cash, cheque, debit card or bank transfer. We reserve the right to charge 2% per month on invoices unpaid after 30 days.
- Shipment to our bond (at LCB Creek Road) and insurance are included in the in bond price.
- Delivery is free to Lea and Sandeman / Elephant storage accounts, both duty paid and in bond.
- Other in bond deliveries are free subject to a minimum order from the offer of £1000. Orders below this total will be charged at £16.50+ VAT when the wine invoices are issued. We will group deliveries and this is a charge for your entire purchase, not a per-case charge. Please inform us of in bond delivery addresses at the time of ordering.
- If the wines are required duty paid we will issue invoices at prevailing rate of duty (currently £25.98 per case) and VAT (20%).
- The wines will become available by the end of the year and should be shipped very early next year.