Great impact here on the nose - this was bottled on the 10th of December (less than a month ago) and Pierrick explains some of the expression is muted for now as a result - and yet this is still very appealing! Classic Chablis flavours with a limey pithy undercurrent and some nice weighty matter in the middle. Just a whiff of more chalky, mineral stoniness adds a smart frame. What's not to like? And this will only become more fun. A great vintage here. L&S (Jan 2018)
Currently out of stock in our warehouse.
Alternatively we may well have some bottles in one of our shops - why not give one of them a call?
|Chelsea||020 7244 0522|
|Kensington||020 7221 1982|
|Barnes||020 8878 8643|
|Chiswick||020 8995 7355|
Or, check the related products below for different vintages or wines of a similar style. You can also send an email to: email@example.com.
Domaine des Hâtes
It is no surprise that Domaine des Hâtes has been recently hailed as '.. one of the new Chablis growers to watch out for..' by the Robert Parker team. Our first visit there in November was very memorable and the work going on here is hugely impressive.
Pierrick Laroche is a charming young man and a very talented winemaker. Clearly a very wise head on his young shoulders. Still in his 20s, he currently manages his large holdings in Petit Chablis, his 12 Hectares of Chablis vineyards and a complete Hectare of 1er Cru Homme Mort, which he labels as 'Fourchaume L'Homme Mort'.
For now he sells off a lot of what he grows to négociants; for a newcomer (2010 was his 1st vintage making wine under his own label) this helps him work through his good volumes - and it’s great for cash-flow. The plan is to do less and less of this as his reputation grows and he is able to sell more under his own label. With the quality of his wines - this should not take long at all! In preparation for bottling under his own name from 2010 onwards Pierrick stopped using pesticides and herbicides in 2009 and has since then manually worked the soil - this great change in practices has seen super results in the quality of fruit he is now picking.
It is all about freshness and precision here. Classical, deeply mineral wines. Picking perhaps earlier than some of his neighbours Pierrick captures beautiful acidity and brightness of fruit - he then loves giving the wine a long élevage in tank to build texture and weight and complexity. He is not averse to using oak - but it is done at a very minimal level with just the 1er Cru wine having less than 25% oak ageing. The results are super, bright, elegant wines but with a real shape and feel - classical, but interesting Chablis. An exciting addition to our Burgundy list.
- Located in Maligny, the vineyard is in the heart of the Premiers Crus Fourchaume.
- 25 ha.
- 100% Chardonnay.
- 2 Terroirs: Les Chatillons and les Pierrettes.
- Masters of grass growing by plough.
- At least 1 year of maturation for all their wines.
- Our wines are raised in stainless steel and undergo full malolactic fermentation.
- 3 stars on the Guide Hachette for their first cuvée in 2010.
- 140 000 bottles per year.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100 with our own vans. For orders under £100 or guaranteed express deliveries (for an additional charge) please call 020 7244 0522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
- Private wine storage: we offer a full In Bond and Duty Paid private wine storage service - find out more here.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS