HONJOZO GENSHU SAKE
This undiluted honjozo Akashi-tai is a satisfyingly full-bodied sake, and is reputedly the drink the brew masters reach for at the end of a working day. Because it is undiluted, this is perhaps the most direct way to savor the full palate of sake. The flavor continues to mellow pleasingly over time. (cf The Puligny of sake?) L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
The history of Akashi-Tai Sake Brewery Co Ltd stretches back to the end of the Tokugawa Period (1600-1867), when the company produced soy sauce and traded in rice. From 1918, they made the most of their geographic location which was ideal for making fine sake. In brewing its select sakes, Akashi-Tai use only the choicest ingredients, often produced locally. For example, the company uses the yamada-nishiki variety of rice — a superior strain — grown in the region just north of Akashi.
Japanese sake has played a long and distinguished role in the evolution of Japanese tradition and culture — sake reflects the appreciation of the Japanese for the ebb and flow of the seasons, enjoyed and shared among friends.
Sake is not a wine, as this implies the fermentation of fructose. It is really a strong rice beer with an ABV up to 20%. However, it is immediately noticeable that the complexity of aromas, flavours, and styles are more reminiscent of wine than beer!
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS