Château Cos Labory
Like other Bordeaux wine chateaux in the area, the property takes the first part of their name from the famous hill of COS. Wine was being produced at the property in the late 1700′s when the owner at the time, Pierre Gaston died. His three children drew lots for the estate. It went to his son, Hyacinthe. Hyacinthe married Anne Pauty and they had an only–child, Marie–Sany. Marie–Sany later married Francois–Armand Labory and the estate was renamed Cos Gaston Labory. At that time, they were producing more wine than Cos D’Estournel, their closest neighbor. The property was purchased by Louis–Gaspard d’Estournel, the owner of Cos d’Estournel. Gaspard d’Estournel sold the property a few years later after he transferred many of the best vineyards to Cops D’Estournel. in 1922, the estate changes hands again and was sold to Ambrosio and Augusto Weber, for 200,000 Francs. The family still owns the property today.