Tasted a couple of times in 2010, this is a real beauty and only just starting to show any signs of maturity. Still deep in colour, quite rich and packed with sweet plummy fruit this not only has legs on it for another decade but is undoubtedly the best of the 1985 vintage. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
In July 1997 a predictably substantial wine. Tannic. Great length and aftertaste... Deep but bright; very fragrant, more spicy and powerful than Fonseca... April 2000. Coffee-like flavour, with Taylor firmness and backbone. Time in hand. Most recently: fragrant, sweet, showing well at the Fladgate tasting. ***(**) 2005-2025 Michael Broadbent MW
First bottle: Much less deeply coloured than the Graham’s and also a little floral but more geranium than violet. Red-cherry fruit, lifted. Tannins are more silky and overall more elegant than the Graham’s but less richness. Second bottle is darker and denser. And more pure fruit. Tannins are firmer, much more upright and a much better framework. 2005-2025 Rating: 17.5 Julia Harding MW, www.JancisRobinson.com
Meaty, raspberry, blackberry, dark chocolate, fresh blueberry – a wonderful combo. Tobacco, sausagemeat, smoke, leather, smooth tannins and fabulous vivacity. 2010-2025 Rating: 18 Richard Hemming - www.JancisRobinson.com
Medium ruby. Beautiful aromas of flowers and fresh plum, with hints of stems. Full-bodied and medium-sweet, with gorgeous silky tannins and a long, long finish. This is just starting to come around and offers wonderful flavors. Long life ahead, but ready to try. Rating: 93 James Suckling, The Wine Spectator
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS