1997 1er Cru Classé Sauternes
|Grapes||Muscadelle, Sémillon, Sauv Blanc|
|Classification||1er Cru Classé|
Pungent, rich and very fine. Exciting. Great stuff. Long and rich. Rating: 18 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com (Mar 2010)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
A sensational Yquem, 1997 may be this estate's finest effort since 1990 (although I would not discount the 1996 turning out to be nearly as good). The 1997's light gold color is accompanied a gorgeous perfume of caramel, honeysuckle, peach, apricot, and smoky wood. Full-bodied and unctuously-textured, with good underlying acidity as well as loads of sweetness and glycerin, it looks to be a great vintage for this renowned Sauternes estate. Anticipated maturity: 2005-2055. Rating: 96-96 Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate, www.RobertParker.com
Extremely concentrated, yet subtle. Aromas of honey and spices, with an intense botrytis nose. Full-bodied, thick and fruity, with orange peel and lemon rind character. Medium sweetness. Balanced, yet thick and backward. Reminds me of the harmonious 1990--certainly the best since then. Best after 2008 Rating: 95 James Suckling, The Wine Spectator
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS