2002 Cuvée NF Billecart Brut
|Grapes||Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier|
In a recent tasting of the very best Champagnes by James Suckling, this exquisite fizz came second - with an equal score to Vintage Krug 2000 and ahead of all the other big names, Dom Perignon, Cristal et al. It was beaten only by Salon 2002 which costs much more than twice price. A delicious, decadent champagne - and a relative bargain to boot. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
A superfine nose with the freshness still very much leading the way. Lemon and fresh wild strawberries, almond milk and a hint of brulée toffee; really lively. The palate has a bright, crunchy and assertive burst of lemon flavor on entry with white cherries and smooth, sherbet-like texture that delivers weight with elegance. Great balance here. Impressive and youthful, super pure and full of power. Rating: 98 James Suckling, www.jamessuckling.com (Jul 2015)
Very pale. Sophisticated, very sleek, well balanced nose. A remarkably youthful 2002. Clean, brisk chalky palate with a finish that is just slightly sudden. Quite exciting. This still has quite a bit to give. Drinking range: 2015 - 2025 Rating: 17 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com (Mar 2015)
Founded by Nicolas-Francois Billecart in 1818, and situated in the village of Mareuil-sur-Aÿ, this remains one of the few family owned businesses in Champagne. In fact, the family has 100% control of production. They obtain their grapes from an area covering 220 hectares, the majority of which come from in and around the region of Épernay, and own a total of 15 hectares themselves. Today the estate is run by François and Antoine Roland-Billecart, the 6th generation of the family to lead the independent House, still with the support of their father Jean Roland-Billecart.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS