DOMAINE DE LA BON GRAN
2005 Cuvée Levroutée Mâcon Viré
"Levroute" is a Mâcon dialect word meaning "the colour of the hare", a reference to the deeper colour of grapes starting to show the effects of noble rot. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
(from one hectare where the marne blanche is close to the surface and acts like a sponge for humidity, bringing early botrytis--typically about 25% for this cuvée): Pale, bright yellow-gold. Like the Cuvée Tradition on steroids, offering aromas of truffle, honey, marzipan and resiny spices. Liquid silk in the mouth but with its obvious sweetness (about ten grams per liter) nicely countered by harmonious acidity. Almost too much for this taster: try it with lobster or in place of a vin jaune alongside porcini mushrooms or cheese. This wine was just released. Drinking range: 2015 - 2025 Rating: 91-91 Stephen Tanzer, www.vinousmedia.com (Dec 2015)
Pour info les « Levroutée » 2005 sont assez exceptionnelles ! Winemaker's notes
Wow! Really going strong - loads of opulent fruit, loads of spice, loads of rich oak. It might be accused of being a bit 'Californian' by some, but it's a really satisfying and vibrant wine with excellent, valid maturity. 2008-2015 Rating: 17 Richard Hemming - www.JancisRobinson.com
Domaine de la Bon Gran
Jean Thévenet's original and flagship domaine, in which he makes wines which are rich and ripe and are given no oak at all, and yet which still manage to be the most complex and satisfying wines of the Maconnais.
The main cuvée we ship is his top 'dry' cuvée, called 'Sélection EJ Thévenet', which is now called Viré-Clessé. He also makes tiny quantities of the highly sought-after Cuvée Levroutée, a late-harvest just touched by botrytis with the constitution and depth of a Montrachet, and infinitesimal amounts of his Cuvée Botrytis, a fully sweet Sélection des Grains Nobles style. Organic production.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS