2010 Grand Cru Thibault Liger-Belair
|Sub-district||Côte de Nuits|
There is really lovely refinement to the precise, energetic and full-bodied flavors that possess good power on the focused, balanced and persistent finish. This is not an especially big or powerful wine by the typical standards of the appellation but it is all the same quite serious and built to age over the medium-term. 2020+ Rating: 90 - 93 Allen Meadows, www.Burghound.com (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Light crimson. Very heady, layered nose. Sweet start and lots of interest here. The sort of wine that will probably go through many different stages in its life. Fresh and vital. One of the most interesting 2010s I have tasted in London. And I don’t think you will be forced to wait all that long for it either! 2015-2030 Rating: 18.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com
Rating: 17.5 Matthew Jukes
Very refined beautiful fruit again, great density and persistence . David Way (www.winefriend.org)
Thibault Liger-Belair has dialled back the oak in his wines in 2010, allowing the fruit to express itself. This is a very classy Charmes: racy and perfumed with stony minerality and succulent, sweet fruit. 2016-25 Rating: 95 Tim Atkin MW, www.timatkin.com
The Charmes-Chambertin has wonderful precision and mineralité on the nose with fresh strawberry, orange peel and dark cherries all perfectly combined, though it is not an “intense” perfume. The palate is medium-bodied with an appealing ripe texture. There is a savoury note in the background, with fine weight on the crisp, strawberry finish. This is a very composed Charmes. Rating: 92-94 Neal Martin, www.robertparker.com
The lack of the word 'domaine' in the name signals that this is a négociant wine from Thibault Liger-Belair. On the whole Thibault buys grapes having tended the vines with his own team, so that the wines can be seen as domaine wines in all but name.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS