2010 Grand Cru Thibault Liger-Belair
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
Very taut and mineral and densely-packed, spicily complex, and as usual some moderately uncompromising tannins. Dense and powerful but not too rich. A Nebbiolo-like insinuating power (but not that kind of tannic impact). A personal favourite in this cellar, it makes a real statement, has a clearly defined personality that comes through every vintage. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
There is excellent verve to the exceptionally rich and impressively intense large-scaled flavors that possess excellent power on the overtly muscular, precise and driving finish. This is quite firmly structured but there is good buffering extract that should allow this well-balanced effort to age gracefully. 2022+ Rating: 91 - 93 Allen Meadows, www.Burghound.com
Crimson. Very full of life! Bumptious. Not the most ridiculous price for a grand cru. Such race underneath. Yet it manages to be smooth too. Real depth and sincerity. Lots of pleasure efficiently delivered. 2015-2028 Rating: 17.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com
Rating: 17.5 Matthew Jukes
Good medium red. Crushed cherry and spicy oak on the nose, despite the fact that this wine is aging entirely in once-used barrels. Creamy-sweet, verging on liqueur-like, with a hint of oak spice and some slightly herbal acidity perking up the mid-palate. Much drier on the back end than in the middle. Rating: 88 - 91 Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
The lack of the word 'domaine' in the name signals that this is a négociant wine from Thibault Liger-Belair. On the whole Thibault buys grapes having tended the vines with his own team, so that the wines can be seen as domaine wines in all but name.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS