|Sub-district||Fronsac & Canon Fronsac|
Arnaud Roux-Oulié is a charming chap and winemaker we have known for a long time, but we have rarely bought his wines because he is slightly inclined to go a bit over the top in trying to impress, and we have rejected some for being a bit over-extracted and over-oaky. Now this one, with its gothic look and wide-shouldered bottle might make one fear the same thing, but - although this is still a big wine with its fair share of oak, it comes across as framed like a proper Fronsac with leanings toward Saint Emilion, beefy for sure, oaky yes, but still claret in style and with a lovely underpinning acidity and length. One for a stew with big flavours, or game of any kind. Drinking range: 2015 - 2019 L&S (Jul 2015)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Château Carlmagnus is the top property of several owned and run by Arnaud Roux-Oulié. Six and a half hectares of limestone and clay, 100% Merlot, on the slope of a rise close to the Tertre de Fronsac.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS