2012 Vieilles Vignes Puisseguin Saint Emilion
|Grapes||Merlot, Cab Franc|
|Sub-district||Saint Emilion & Satellites|
|Village||Puisseguin Saint Emilion|
From Pierre Taix (maker of 'La Mauriane', which comes from the steepest slopes of this same property). Deep nose of forest floor and ripe fruit, it is expansive and generous on the palate, without ever tipping into over-extraction, remaining harmonious and natural-tasting, plush, velvety and long. Proper claret and great value. Rating: 88 L&S (Jul 2015)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Now run by Pierre Taix, Château Rigaud has been in his family since 1802. It is on a clay-limestone plateau, similar to the best sites in neighbouring Saint Emilion. The vines for the Cuvée Vieilles Vignes are over fifty years old. Everything is done with great respect for the environment - one has the impression of visiting Pierre's garden - and the grapes are all harvested by hand.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS