COTEAUX DU LAYON BEAULIEU
2013 L'Anclaie Château de Pierre Bise
|Village||Coteaux du Layon Beaulieu|
'Sélection des Grains Nobles', harvested from Chenin blanc at the peak of botrytisation. Claude Papin's Coteaux de Layons have a wonderful balance of sweetness and acidity. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Château de Pierre Bise
Claude Papin's work at the Château de Pierre Bise has been directed at getting the ripest and most botrytised grapes possible by harvesting non-stop for two months, only taking the rot-affected grapes on each of several passes down each row of vines, and also in the winery, in prolonging the fermentations for as long as possible to achieve the greatest purity and freshness of expression in the wines. (If you ask him he will explain that it is all to do with the correct polymerisation of the polyphenols). In doing this he completely avoids the wet-sheep smell that dogs many Chenin wines in the Loire, and produces a range of wines from different terroirs which are among the great sweet wines of the world at some of the lowest prices for this style.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS