CHÂTEAUNEUF DU PAPE

2014 La Belle Voyageuse Domaine de la Mordorée

IN STOCK
Grapes Grenache
Colour Red
Origin France, Rhône
Village Châteauneuf du Pape
ABV 15%

Ripe and mouthfilling in feel, with a core of juicy raspberry pâte de fruit and plum cake flavors kept lively by anise and violet notes. Delivers energetic, brambly structure through the finish. Drinking range: 2017 - 2024 Rating: 92 James Molesworth, The Wine Spectator (Jul 2016)

  • Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
  • Prices shown are inc. VAT.
  • Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.

Deep ruby. Intense blackberry and cherry liqueur aromas are complemented by suave floral and smoky Indian spice flourishes. Full, velvety and plush, offering appealingly sweet, deeply concentrated black raspberry and blueberry flavors and a touch of cola. An extroverted, polished wine that deftly marries power and finesse, finishing with impressive persistence, lingering smokiness and round, even tannins. Rating: 91-93 Josh Raynolds, www.vinousmedia.com (Apr 2016)

Starting with the 2014 vintage, they introduced a third wine to their portfolio of Chateauneuf du Pape wines, La Belle Voyageuse. La Belle Voyageuse made its debut with the 2014 vintage. La Belle Voyageuse is essentially the second wine of Mordoree Reine des Bois, so you should expect a jump in quality for the Reine des Bois. La Belle Voyageuse however has more Grenache in the wine at close to 90%, with the remainder of the blend coming from Mourvedre, Syrah, Counoise and Vaccarese. 85% of the wine is aged in stainless steel vats and the remaining 15% of the wine is aged in French oak barrels. The wine is intended for early drinking pleasure. Jeff Leve, The Wine Cellar Insider (Dec 2015)

Domaine de la Mordorée

Started in 1986 by the Delorme brothers, Domaine de la Mordorée (woodcock) has become one of the top estates in the Rhône, with arguably the most consistent quality. Christophe Delorme's objective as a winemaker is to be unintrusive and maintain total respect for his terroir and the fruit it produces, striving to achieve a perfect balance between concentration, terroir and balance.

The domaine consists of 55 Hectares, on 38 different parcels, providing a rich, wide range of soils and climates. Seeking to make the minimum long-term impact on nature, they practiced culture raisonnée'.

Christophe's approach was so 'raisonnée' that he held back from being fully organic because he was worried about the long-term effect of putting too much copper (the form of copper sulphate, a permitted treatment in organic viticulture) onto his vineyards. Now due to the improvements on formulations, and work done in disease prevention, they can use copper sulphate with very low concentrations, these levels are not impacting the soils.

The whole domaine has been certified organic since 2007.

Jeb Dunnock October 2014 - Another reference point estate in Chateauneuf du Pape (of which it seems like there are many), Domaine de la Mordoree includes a whopping 135 acres in total, yet with only 12 of those in Chateauneuf du Pape. The wines are made by the incredibly talented Christophe Delorme, and while they see time in oak and can have a modern feel in their youth, they never lose their Southern Rhone roots and age beautifully. As to the roses, the majority of the 2012s have already been reviewed by Robert Parker earlier this year (and I generally rated them a point or more higher than him) so I’ll just list the new wines here.

This wine isn't currently part of a mixed case, but you can always browse our full selection of mixed cases here.
  • We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
  • Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
  • For full delivery details see our Delivery page.

ORDER     COLLECT

ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS