2014 Weingut Braunewell
The first vintages we stocked of this wine were labelled as they would be in Germany, 'Spätburgunder', and have gathered a good following, but Stefan is keen to make his labels clearer to us Brits, so the new vintage has the translation 'Pinot Noir' on the front label, while still saying it is Spätburgunder on the back label. The 2014 is perhaps a little fuller-bodied than the 2013, but otherwise the same character of soft aromatics and soft-feeling entry is enlivened but a twist of juice and sappy grace on the finish, making this an easy wine to go back for another glass. Try giving it 10 minutes in the fridge before serving. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
German pinot noir, or spätburgunder, has stormed on to our tables, even managing to challenge top-drawer red burgundy. This one’s a terrific light, leafy, gamey gem. Jane MacQuitty, The Times (Nov 2016)
François Breiniville fled 17th Century France's Huguenot persecution to settle in Essenheim, just south west of Mainz. It took until the 1960's for Adam Braunewell to start bottling the wines from his family's vineyards and, today, he helps his children and grandchildren run this excellent estate and tend their flagship vineyards of Blume and Teufelspfad (the Devil's path!)
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS