Andrea pours the same love attention and effort into making this beautiful (Baby Barbaresco) as he does for the estate wines. Indeed in 2015 from the same plot here in the Basarin Cru, Andrea has used some older vines to bottle a beautiful joyous Barbaresco - all that limits this 'Langhe Nebbiolo' from becoming a Barbaresco is Andrea's patience. The vines here at 15 years are too young he says - but one day... This is incredible value - fine, pure, soft-grained Nebbiolo from a star producer. Organic to boot - proper artisan stuff! L&S (Sep 2018)
Currently out of stock in our warehouse.
Alternatively, we may well have some bottles in one of our shops - why not give us a call on 0207 244 0522 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Or, check the RELATED PRODUCTS below for different vintages or wines of a similar style.
More than a hint of the place and grape. Ripe and smoky. Good balance and Good value. Drinking range: 2018 - 2020 Rating: 16 Jancis Robinson OBE MW - www.JancisRobinson.com (Oct 2018)
The 2015 Langhe Nebbiolo is a very pretty wine. Sweet floral notes, bright, red-toned fruit and silky tannins give the wine its poise and sense of finesse. Medium in body, lift and super-appealing, the Langhe Nebbiolo is a fabulous choice for readers who want a fine, artisan Nebbiolo to drink young that does not have the imposing structure of Barolo or Barbaresco. Drinking range: 2018 - 2025 Rating: 90 Antonio Galloni, www.vinous.com (Jun 2018)
Located in the Nieve area, Sottimano sources fruit for this wine from across the larger Langhe appellation. The 2015 Langhe Nebbiolo is a terrific, mid-weight wine to pair with white meat, roasted ham or chicken. It opens to a light garnet color and offers great aromatic intensity. I wish I had a few more bottles of this (well-priced) wine around the house. Dark cherry is followed by earthy tones, licorice and ash. Drinking range: 2018 - 2022 Rating: 91+ Monica Larner, The Wine Advocate (www.robertparker.com) (Apr 2018)
This sixteen hectare estate is based in the Cotta' region of Barbaresco, and the Sottimano family have over the years bought outstanding vineyards in the 'crus' of Currà, Cottà, Fausoni and Pajore. Yields are kept very low and the winemaking as natural as possible, without the use of pesticides or artificial fertilisers, using only natural yeasts and bottling without filtering or fining. All of these 'crus' are given exactly the same oak treatment so as to allow the individual 'terroirs' express their character (fermentation in barriques, of which 30% new, followed by 18 to 20 months in neutral barriques).
There are five different terroirs with Nebbiolo planted within the estate:
- Basarin, with a mixture of clay, limestone and sand, is at about four hundred metres above sea level. This produces the estate's Langhe Nebbiolo, which is basically 'village Barbaresco', as the vines are very young (10-15 years old). It makes for wines that are always very elegant, refined, tannins are silky and softer, nuanced of spices and herbs (eucalyptus).
- Fausoni, on sand and clay, makes wines that are always very elegant - mint, liquorice and little red fruits. This is in the historical part of Neive.
- Currà, on clay and limestone, is one of the smallest cru of the whole appellation, wines are always very intense and powerful, hard-bodied and with good tannins. Hints of spices and smoke are characteristics of this area.
- Cottà, on limestone with clay is one of the oldest cru in Barbaresco, vines are always very old here (fifty years and older) and the colours are just a little bit lighter than other vineyards (because of the clay), but they have a very distinctive nose of dark fruits and mint, a great elegance and mineral tannins.
- Pajore is almost entirely on limestone with just a little clay. This is the highest vineyard of all, at 420 metres above sea level. The vines are very old, and it is always the most mineral and elegant of the four Barbarescos. Limestone brings into the wine a great purity of fruit, a distinctive aroma of spices and tobacco (cigar box) and a very unusual quality of tannins, firm but very mineral.
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £150 with our own vans. For guaranteed express deliveries (for an additional charge) please call 020 7244 0522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order & Collect from any of our 5 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next working day from 11am.
- Private wine storage: we offer a full In Bond and Duty Paid private wine storage service - find out more here.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS