2015 Tributary Two Rivers of Marlborough
|Origin||New Zealand, South Island|
Gently aromatic pinot noir with black cherry, violet and nutty oak flavours. A moderately intense and firmly structured wine that's clearly built to last but can be appreciated now. Rating: 94 Bob Campbell MW - BobsWineReviews.com (Aug 2016)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Sourced from 50% Southern Valleys, 25% Upper Wairau, and 25% Ward vineyards. The grapes were hand harvested and gently de-stemmed before undergoing fermentation by both naturally occurring wild vineyard yeasts and cultured varieties. 30% whole bunch clusters were added to the ferment for an increased lift in aromatics and structure. The resulting wine was aged in both new (25%) and seasoned French barrels for 11 months. Unfined and unfiltered. Dark crimson in colour, this wine has a bouquet of lifted floral aromas of violets and cassis that mingle with dark fruits and a savoury earthiness. The palate is brooding and meaty, has firm structure, velvety tannins and is interlaced with crunchy red fruits and cherry cola flavours. This tightly knit wine, while young, will age gracefully and reward cellaring. Drinking range: 2016 - 2020 Winemaker's notes
Two Rivers of Marlborough
David Clouston is originally from Marlborough, and after 22 vintages abroad from Oregon to Chile, Corsica to Alsace, he returned home and set about exploring the valleys and diverse terroirs of Marlborough. The main production is the Sauvignon made from fruit from both the Awatere and Wairau river valleys, whence the 'Two Rivers of Marlborough' name, but his hillside Pinot Noir is showing great potential.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS