2015 Domaine Hervé Séguin
Philippe Seguin, represents the 6th generation of this family to work the vines here and he is as charming a man as you could hope to meet as well as a very passionate winemaker. A recent visit illustrated the very hard work he puts in to make the best wines this estate has ever produced from its super vineyards split over the three local soils, Silex, Limestone and Kimmeridge Clay. Each adding its own unique influence - the result being very polished Pouilly Fumé, bright fresh white flowers and hard fruit are beautifully balanced on a clean core of fresh minerality and just a whiff of gunflint - delicious! L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Domaine Hervé Séguin
A 14 hectare family property just half a mile east of Pouilly-sur-Loire. Traditional viticulture and vinification. After débourbage a long cool fermentation (4 weeks at 17C) is followed by a short period on the lees with three batonnages to fill out the palate. The wine, which is bottled in the March after the harvest, is fruity (aromas of citrus, pink grapefruit and pineapple) and has also the typical “gun flint” flavour which goes remarkably well with seafood, fish with butter sauce, and goat cheese.
Back when New Zealand was all about sheep and rugby, the definitive Sauvignon Blanc was Sancerre. It still is a wonderful expression of the variety - steely and mineral, and super-refreshing. Across the River Loire are the vineyards of Pouilly-Fumé offering similar precise Sauvignon cleanliness. Less well-known but deserving of more attention are red Sancerres - the bouncy, light and elegant feel of simple Pinot Noir. All are here, in this case.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS