2020 BOURGOGNE ROUGE 'Les Deux Terres' Thibault Liger-Belair Successeurs

Grapes Pinot Noir, Gamay
Colour Red
Origin France, Burgundy
Village Bourgogne Rouge
ABV 14%

(80% of the blend comes from cru vines in Beaujolais and the other 20% from the Hautes Côtes de Nuits). Ripe aromas of pepper, earth and red and dark currant give way to rich and relatively concentrated middle weight flavors that conclude in a reasonably long finish where hints of warmth and rusticity appear. Drinking range: 2023 - Rating: 85-88 Allen Meadows, (Jan 2022)

*Case price discount: Mix any 12 bottles of wine (or 9 litre equivalent) or 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits, Sweet Wine or Fortified (4.5 litres) to get the discounted 'case price' for each bottle.

85% of the blend is gamay from the Beaujolais crus of Chénas, Moulin-à-Vent and Morgon, supplemented by 15% pinot noir from the Côte d’Or. Rich black purple, considerable power here, but some grace as well. A little bit reductive. Plenty of guts here, vibrant fruit, not too acid and very long. Tasted: November 2021 Rating: **** Jasper Morris - Inside Burgundy  (Nov 2021)

Thibault Liger-Belair Successeurs

The lack of the word 'domaine' in the name signals that this is a négociant wine from Thibault Liger-Belair. On the whole Thibault buys grapes having tended the vines with his own team, so that the wines are domaine wines in all but name.

This wine isn't currently part of a mixed case, but you can always browse our full selection of mixed cases here.
  • For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
  • We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £150 with our own vans. We also offer an express delivery service for an additional charge.
  • Order & Collect from any of our 5 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next working day from 11am.
  • Private wine storage: we offer a full In Bond and Duty Paid private wine storage service - find out more here.