2009 Le Macchiole
On the herbal side, but that meshes with the cherry, currant and cedar aromas and flavors, providing a Bordeaux-like profile. Elegant and harmonious, featuring a discreet, underlying structure, with fine balance and length. Merlot. Drinking range: 2014 - 2024 Rating: 93 Bruce Sanderson, The Wine Spectator (Oct 2012)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
This is the best Messorio in years with such wonderful richness and race with chewy tannins. Plenty of subtle dark chocolate and berry character. It’s very complex with undertones of rosemary, spices and sea salt. Savory. Super long and powerful. What fruit. Leave it until at least 2016. Not released until 2013. Rating: 98 James Suckling, www.jamessuckling.com (Apr 2012)
Initially put onto the wine map by Eugenio Campolmi in 1983, the Le Macchiole estate has been run by his wife Cinzia since 2002. Located in Bolgheri, with 22 hectares of vineyard over much of the best soils of the region these are, along with the Sassicaia and Ornellaia's vineyards, also among the oldest and most established vines in Bolgheri. Their careful selection of grape varieties and cultivation techniques according to climate and soil has led them to concentrate on Merlot, Syrah and most importantly Cabernet Franc, a variety which can express itself so well in the hands of Le Macchiole.
All of their wines are marked by a unique and unmistakable character. Full bodied wines, and yet with clean and elegant flavours, leading to great freshness and finesse, they are incredibly sought after world-wide. The estate has been organic since 2002, and they are experimenting with biodynamics.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS