2010 1er Cru Croix Noires Domaine de Courcel
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
This is a premier cru. Courcel have 0.6 of the 1.2 hectares. No MLF now. The malic acidity highlights the tannins. It has vibrant and ripe fruit. It has good energy and sweetness and depth of dark fruit in the middle. Plenty of thick tannins, made more aggressive by the malic acidity, but this is smooth out. Lots of substance. Finishes very well. Potentially Fine. Score 18 Rating: 18 Sarah Marsh MW, The Burgundy Briefing (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Very deep crimson for a 2010. Heady, flashy nose. Very dry oak tannins. Very much made for the long term. But it all seems to fade on the finish. 2016-2023 Rating: 15.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com
Rating: 17 Matthew Jukes
Domaine de Courcel
The other great domaine of Pommard, and three great expressions of the terroir of Pommard, yet a very different style to the Clos des Épeneaux of Comte Armand. Yves Confuron, the régisseur, describes the difference between the two top wines by saying that the Grand Clos is 'terreux' while the Rugiens is 'aérien'.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS