2010 Vieilles Vignes La Levrière Domaine Bernard Dugat-Py
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
After the Evocelles and the Vosne this is a different register, less floral and spicy, more earthy and stony. Nice freshness despite considerable bulk. Dense and pure, rich, and touch of liquorice, then a mass of raw red and black fruit, and an almost citrus edge to the finish. Quite chunky tannins - it's a Pommard after all. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
A notably floral and very fresh nose of high-toned and pure red berry fruit aromas that are nuanced by warm earth notes that continue onto the rich, silky and lightly mineral-infused flavors that are admirably precise and quite powerful for a villages level wine. This finishes with a dusty and firm finale that exhibits near perfect balance. 2020+ Rating: 89 - 91 Allen Meadows, www.Burghound.com
Good deep red-ruby. Reduced aromas of blackberry, licorice and smoke. Fat and sweet but reduced, with broad, rich dark fruit and licorice flavors nicely framed by harmonious acidity. Rather suave for young Pommard and not at all hard. Plenty of wood tannins, though. Rating: 88 - 90 Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
The 2010 Pommard La Levrière Vieilles Vignes shows the intensity and structure of this site. It comes across as a bit compact when tasted next to the domaine's other 2010s. The Levrière stands out for its energy, drive and focus. It will be interesting to see if this fills out over time. Dugat used 60% whole bunches here. Rating: 90-92 Antonio Galloni, www.vinous.com
Domaine Bernard Dugat-Py
Domaine Dugat-Py, along with only DRC, Roumier, Rousseau and Leroy, is rated in the top Three Star category by the 'Classement' published by the Revue du Vin de France. These are the essence of robust Burgundy, wines of huge scale and concentration. Patience is required, so lay down a few grand bottles for your dotage.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS