2011 Cuvée Migoua Domaine Tempier
The 2011 Bandol La Migoua, which has the most Grenache of any of the cuvees, comes from red and blue clay soils and the highest plots on the estate. Comprised of 50% Mourvedre, 26% Cinsault, 20% Grenache and the balance Syrah, it too shows the vintage character with forward, supple and polished aromas and flavors of sweet blackberry, currants, spice and underbrush all emerging from the glass. Medium-bodied, beautifully textured and with fine tannin on the finish, it will evolve at a faster rate than most vintages of this cuvee, yet still dish out gobs of pleasure over the coming decade or more. Drinking range: 2014 - 2024 Rating: 92-92 Jeb Dunnuck - www.robertparker.com (Feb 2014)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Domaine Tempier is an old family estate, owned by the Peyrauds since Lucien Peyraud married Lucie Tempier in 1834. The family was largely instrumental in getting the appellation of Bandol established in 1941. The reds are the quintessential expression of Mourvèdre, grown on terraced vineyards on steep hills around the 'plan du Castellet'.
Traditional vinification using indigenous yeasts, the wines are aged in a variety of different sized oak (25 to 75hl) for between 18 and 20 months. These are wines which are capable of long ageing, but even young they have a finesse of fruit and earthy flavour, coupled with fine-grained tannins, which lift them above the generality of Provençal reds.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS