2011 1er Cru Champeaux Domaine Bernard Dugat-Py
|Sub-district||Côte de Nuits|
Still on the cassis of Gevrey, but this has a less rounded and more severe structure. Powerful tannins build almost uncomfortably, but take the fruit and energy along for the ride. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
75% whole bunch, 100% new oak. Heady and rich and rather sumptuous on the nose. Very lively and fine. Transparent and concentrated but with the fruit shining through. Dry finish and very energetic. 2020-2032 Rating: 17.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com
(from a .33 ha of 50+ year old vines that abut Cazetiers; 60% stems). A ripe but more restrained nose of stone, plum and dark berry fruit liqueur scents introduces extract-rich and palate coating medium-bodied flavors that also display an intense minerality. There is a velvety mouth feel to the serious, linear and explosively long finish that displays a trace of the hallmark austerity in a young Champeaux. Terrific potential. 2023+ Rating: 92-94 Allen Meadows, www.Burghound.com
Domaine Bernard Dugat-Py
Domaine Dugat-Py, along with only DRC, Roumier, Rousseau and Leroy, is rated in the top Three Star category by the 'Classement' published by the Revue du Vin de France. These are the essence of robust Burgundy, wines of huge scale and concentration. Patience is required, so lay down a few grand bottles for your dotage.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS