2011 1er Cru Charmots Domaine Fernand & Laurent Pillot
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
Clay and lots of limestone, but is the soft yellow limestone, and this makes for the wine's classy yet easy charming appeal vintage after vintage. It is above Épenots and Argillieres, very much on the slope, a thin soil over stones and rock. It ripens easily and has to be harvseted quite early to preserve acidity. As usual it has the class of a wine from a rocky slope, but also this supple gourmand side. L&S (Mar 2017)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Domaine Fernand & Laurent Pillot
Laurent's wife Marie-Anne inherited half of her family's property, the Pommard domaine of Pothier-Rieusset, and he and his father have now bought the other half. The wines from this domaine represent excellent value, and they age very well too, despite being attractive young. Laurent's 1992 Grandes Ruchottes came top of a tasting of wines of that vintage in 2012, ahead of some supposedly much 'grander' domaines. Laurent manages to pack in a lot alongside his running of the vineyard. He has a sophisticated microlight which he flies to all corners of France, he keeps and hunts hawks, and conducts the Chassagne brass band as well as dabbling in Mayoral duties - on top of being a father.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS