Very full - a suave warm glow of quite oaky velvet-dark fruit. The entry is all mouthfilling texture, a very complete and seamless feel. Yes there is toasty oak, but there's enormous fruit depth too. Opulent, but the tannins are huge, even if very fine, and any sense of overripeness is reigned in. One of the more impressive top Chileans, and a a price which makes some of the others look mad. You could arguably drink is now but there's a long life ahead. Rating: 92-94 L&S (Sep 2015)
* This is a pre-shipment/primeur offer. All orders are accepted under the TERMS of this offer which differ from the terms of the rest of the site.
Color: Dark and deep inky purple red color. Nose: Complex nose opening towards ripe and expressive red and black fruit, such as plums, red cherries, dry figs and blueberries. Spices such as clover and black pepper. Mouth: With a concentrated structure, this wine has a round attack followed by velvety and polished tannins filling the mid palate and a ripe and rich long lasting finish. Service and food pairing: Open and leave to breathe for a couple of hours or carefully decant for minimum 1 hour and enjoy at 17ºC (64°F). Winemaker's notes (Sep 2015)
The Marnier Lapostolle family is French, and they are the owners of the liqueur Grand Marnier and owners of Chateau de Sancerre in Loire Valley founded Lapostolle in 1994 with the ambition to create world-class wines by combining the superb terroir of Chile with their French winemaking philosophy.
The Clos Apalta winery is the jewel in the crown. It is 170 kilometres south-west of Santiago in the Colchagua Valley. The vineyard is in a horseshoe shape, and high surrounding hills block the sun in both morning and evening, while the river Tinguiririca adds a further cooling effect on the other side, so that the grapes here ripen slowly and evenly. This wine is possibly the absolute pinnacle of Carmenère, on which is is largely based.
Please make sure that you have read the terms of this offer which are different from those on the main website. If you are unclear as to what is involved in primeur purchases please do call us, but see the 'practical notes' below.
Prices are per case as listed 'in bond' (excluding duty paid and VAT).
Pre-Orders are a firm commitment to buy wines on release, as long as the release price sits within the upper and lower price bands set by you on the pre-order form. Pre-orders will be fulfilled subject to availability but providing this firm commitment to buy effectively gives you priority and is a good idea for the most desirable wines.
Wines listed on the website can be ordered in the usual way via the website wishlist order form. You can also send orders directly to our private client team via email. Please note that, for the most sought after wines, priority will be given to those who ordered the same wines last year and to those that have pre-ordered.
You can register your interest via the online wishlist form, by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 020 7221 1982. All wishlist requests are subject to availability and final confirmation. Inevitably, some wines will have to be allocated but please do not let that deter you from asking. We will do our best to satisfy all requests.
All orders will be confirmed by email and are contractually binding unless written cancellation is received within seven days of the confirmation date.
Invoices are raised at in bond prices. Duty and VAT invoices will be raised on request when the wines land in the UK.
Payment is required on sight of invoice, by cash, cheque, debit card or bank transfer. We reserve the right to levy a dunning charge of 2% per month on invoices unpaid after 30 days.
- Shipment to our bond (at LCB Creek Road) and insurance are included in the in bond price.
- Delivery is free to Lea and Sandeman / Elephant Storage accounts, both duty paid and in bond.
- Other in bond deliveries are free subject to a minimum order from the offer of £1,000. Orders below this total will be charged at £16.50+ VAT when the wine invoices are issued. We will group deliveries and this is a charge for your entire purchase from this offer, not a per-case charge. Please inform us of in bond delivery addresses and account details at the time of ordering.
- If the wines are required duty paid we will issue invoices at prevailing rate of duty and VAT when the wines arrive in the UK.
- The wines will become available by the end of the year and should be shipped very early next year.