2013 Cuvée Migoua Domaine Tempier
Racy in feel, with vivid plum, red currant and raspberry coulis flavors stretching out nicely, picking up light anise and juniper accents along the way. Drinking range: 2018 - 2030 Rating: 93 James Molesworth, The Wine Spectator (Sep 2016)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
The prettiest, most elegant and finesse-driven in the lineup is the 2013 Bandol La Migoua. Violets, pepper, small black fruits and underbrush all emerge from this vibrant, fresh and lively Bandol that can be enjoyed today, or cellared for a decade. Drinking range: 2016 - 2026 Rating: 92-92 Jeb Dunnuck - www.robertparker.com (Jun 2016)
Domaine Tempier is an old family estate, owned by the Peyrauds since Lucien Peyraud married Lucie Tempier in 1834. The family was largely instrumental in getting the appellation of Bandol established in 1941. The reds are the quintessential expression of Mourvèdre, grown on terraced vineyards on steep hills around the 'plan du Castellet'.
Traditional vinification using indigenous yeasts, the wines are aged in a variety of different sized oak (25 to 75hl) for between 18 and 20 months. These are wines which are capable of long ageing, but even young they have a finesse of fruit and earthy flavour, coupled with fine-grained tannins, which lift them above the generality of Provençal reds.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS