2013 Rouge 1er Cru Clos des Mouches Domaine Henri Germain
|Sub-district||Côte de Beaune|
|Vineyard||Clos des Mouches|
Feels like a wine from a mineral soil - lifted tannins in a keyed-up sort of way. At once quite supple and quite slatey - good fruit and length, carried by excellent tannins. Drinking range: 2017 - 2023 L&S (Nov 2014)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
(from a small .51 ha monopole). A notably more elegant nose is also a bit more complex with its layered aromas of cassis, spice, tea and soft warm earth nuances. The relatively refined medium weight flavors display an attractive bead of minerality that continues onto the dusty, pure and balanced finish. If there’s a nit it’s that this presently possesses only average depth but the material is present such that this may add more. 2019+ Rating: 88-90 Allen Meadows, www.Burghound.com (Apr 2015)
Light crimson. Really quite sweet and raspberryish on the nose. Impressive palate weight. And very pure and fresh on the end. A very pleasing wine that is relatively evolved. Drinking range: 2016 - 2020 Rating: 16.5 Jancis Robinson MW OBE - www.JancisRobinson.com (Jan 2015)
Rating: 91 Tim Atkin MW, www.timatkin.com (Jan 2015)
Domaine Henri Germain
Jean-François Germain runs this small domaine. The Chassagne vineyards came through his mother, a Pillot, and Jean-François is married to François Jobard's daughter, so they are quite intertwined with some of our other producers. In terms of winemaking the Germains are always happy to let nature take its course, and in the vineyards they follow as natural a system of viticulture as possible. These are concentrated, tightly wound wines from one of Burgundy's coldest cellars. Slow to develop, they show wonderful crystalline purity.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS