2015 Autòcton Celler
|Grapes||Malvasia de Sitges, Xarel lo Vermell, Xarel lo, Macabeu|
Very old vineyards of Xarel lo, Xarel lo Vermell, Macabeu and Malvasia de Sitges fermented and aged during 8 months in tank and big French oak barrels. Sold as 'table wine' as the vineyards straddle two DOs, Penedes and Tarragona. Albert does not really mind about the DO, what is important to him are these very old-vine indigenous varieties. Delicate herbal and floral notes and fresh dry straw on the nose, a fresh, layered, textural palate with good weight, and a finish which shows a bit more power, this is a fascinating white of purity and freshness. L&S (Oct 2016)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Albert Jané, who we (and many of our customers) know well from his Acústic Celler in Monsant, some new (but very old) vineyards. He wrote to us in September 2016: 'I would like to show you my new project: Autòcton Celler (autòcton means local, indigenous, autochthonous). It is a project from a selection of the oldest vineyards of local varieties like Sumoll, Xarel lo, Xarel lo Vermell, Malvasia de Sitges, Subirat Parent, Macabeu... fermented in tank or big barrels or amphores in Mas Vilella which is a very old traditional Catalan house dated from XVI century.
'The area is 60 km in the south of Montsant and Priorat where I am living, it is table wines because part of the vineyards are part in DO Penedes and part of them are DO Tarragona, I don’t care about DO I am looking for very very exciting vineyards... in fact I am living in the old Masia with 4 chickens , 1 rooster, 3 dogs... just upstairs of the cellar... next time you come back I will show it.'
How could we resist!
The first releases are two exceptional and original whites with the constitution of Pouilly Fuissés, but with a different character and expression.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS