2016 Chavignol Domaine Vincent Delaporte
Light peach and flint nose with a touch of polished lemon. Great delicacy evident from the kumquat, rose water and lychee on the palate, backed up by biting minerality. A warm, inviting style. Rating: 92 Decanter Magazine (Oct 2016)
- Case Price*: Mix any 12 bottles of wine or buy 6 bottles of Champagne, Spirits or Fortified (as a full pack) to get the 'case price' for each bottle.
- Prices shown are inc. VAT.
- Minimum web order £100 which includes FREE delivery.
Domaine Vincent Delaporte
Patrick and I first visited Vincent Delaporte in 1986, a memorable end to a long day, we finished by tasting older and older red and white Sancerres. His wines were in Steven Spurrier's selection for the Caves de la Madeleine, where I had worked several years earlier, and the London end of which Patrick was running at the time. They have featured in the Lea & Sandeman selection since our very first list. The domaine passed to Vincent's son Jean-Yves and his wife Nathalie, and now their son Mathieu has joined them, after a 'stage' at L&S in the summer of 2012, and taken over the winemaking role. They have recently incorporated the vines of Mathieu's uncle, giving them two new jewels in the crown, decent holdings in the Monts Damnés (white) and Cul de Beaujeu (red). CAL
Back when New Zealand was all about sheep and rugby, the definitive Sauvignon Blanc was Sancerre. It still is a wonderful expression of the variety - steely and mineral, and super-refreshing. Across the River Loire are the vineyards of Pouilly-Fumé offering similar precise Sauvignon cleanliness. Less well-known but deserving of more attention are red Sancerres - the bouncy, light and elegant feel of simple Pinot Noir. All are here, in this case.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £100. For orders under £100 please call 020 7244 0522
- Order & Collect from any of our 4 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next day from 11am
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS