|Other||Vegan, Practicing Organic, Vegetarian|
Piero has crafted another beauty in 2019. This wine, that he calls his 'business card', is one of the most reliably delicious and complex wines you will find for under £20. Bursting with ripe cherry fruit, with that characteristic cherry skin 'snap', but with depth and savour, this is classic Sangiovese from a true master. Fresh with amazing acidity, match this to a fine ragú or simply pull the cork, pour a glass and let yourself bathe in all that Tuscan sun. L&S (Apr 2021)
Alternatively, we may well have some bottles in one of our shops - why not give us a call on 0207 244 0522 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Or, check the RELATED PRODUCTS below for different vintages or wines of a similar style.
- See our blog post on Victoria Moore's recent interview with Piero Lanza HERE -
Piero Lanza is one of Chianti's greatest young ambassadors. A qualified oenologist, a very competent agronomist and a brilliant winemaker, his wines have improved immeasurably over the past few vintages. Located in the heart of Chianti Classico district the estate consists of 106 acres of vineyards, olive groves and woodlands.
The winery is one of the properties of a large estate which used to belong to Prince Ginori Conti, a descendant of one of Florence's oldest families. Floriana Ginori Conti inherited the winery from her father in the 1970s, and began in 1980 to produce a Chianti Classico with the "Poggerino" label.
In 1999 she handed over the property to her two children, Piero and Benedetta Lanza, who had been managing it since 1988. Only 11 hectares are planted with vines, almost all of which are Sangiovese. Piero is a passionate agronomist, firmly of the opinion that the work he does in the vineyard reflects not only in the quality of his wines, but the individual 'terroir' of their property, and to this end is now working completely biodynamically.
Another of our producers described him to us 'Ah yes, Piero, the one who knows all his vines by name'. Planted on clay and 'galestro' soils his wines are marked by minerality, acidity and bright fruit. Biodynamic and certified organic.
- For full delivery details see our Delivery page.
- We offer free nationwide* delivery for all orders over £150 with our own vans. For guaranteed express deliveries (for an additional charge) please call 020 7244 0522 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order & Collect from any of our 5 London shops. Order by Midnight for collection the next working day from 11am.
- Private wine storage: we offer a full In Bond and Duty Paid private wine storage service - find out more here.
ORDER ONLINE AND COLLECT FROM ONE OF OUR SHOPS